old man trouble meaning

We have the metaphor of "Frau Holle" when it's snowing. Go find you someone else to pick on Thank you very much. I don't mind him (I don't mind him) According to Mikko Kuusiriti in Discword Monthly, Old Man Trouble is thought to be the devil, but a more down to earth version (think of George Spiggott [Peter Cook] in Bedazzled) He is a sadist who takes a pride in things going wrong. Who could ask for anything more, I got good times Claudi, Du scheinst nicht richtig gegoogelt zu haben, sonst hättest Du 4.960 Seiten mit "Old Man Trouble" gefunden und herausfinden können, daß diese Figur nicht nur in einem Musical, sondern in vielen Liedern und einfachen Gesprächen auftaucht. EnglishForward.com | The Internet's Largest Learn English Community | "Round my door", I got starlight (I got starlight) I got music Who could ask for more, He wears a long mac and a wide brimmed hat that shadows his face so that all that can be seen of him is his too dreadful glowing eyes. I got my girl Mentioned in Soul Music and Hogfather as one of the gods who, having lost his purpose, has truly gone insane. Little correction. Ole man trouble The song is a sign of Redding's emerging mature and reflective side that was to culminate in his posthumous single "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay". I've lived this way so many years Crafted as a blues song with a classic soul melody set to country overtones, "Ole Man Trouble" helped Redding capture the growing white blues/soul market. I got my girl In some popular American songs I came across the idiom (or metaphor) "old man trouble" (e.g in "I got rhythm, I got music..." sung by Gene Kelly or Ella Fizzgerald).What's the meaning of this? I got my girl --AgProv 10:15, 5 February 2009 (UTC). "Väterchen Frost" ist etwas ähnliches. I've just found an example for such a personification in German. What do they mean, when they talk about this peculiar "old man trouble"? It's best if you don't mind him. "old man trouble" is a personification of trouble (in the sense of problems and difficulties in life). As the "Dock of the Bay" represents a search for a place to settle down and find peace or a home, an old man is used as a personification for the trouble that can find a person after they have already endured it for some part of their life. Who could ask for The song was covered by a group called Hills Barbata Ethridge on their album L.A. Getaway in 1971, and by the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Old man trouble (old man trouble) That "personification" of snowing is from a fable by the "Gebrüder Grimm". Please send faith to help pick me up [email protected]. In those parts of Roundworld where the Vikings once were, this is the classical manifestation of the great god Odin/Wotan/Weyland among men, and nothing good ever came of a chance meeting with a stranger on the road answering this description. You won't find him This page was last edited on 9 July 2019, at 09:45. "Ole Man Trouble" was also released on Redding's posthumous album The Dock of the Bay. I got sweet dreams (I got sweet dreams) I hope he'll never visit me. In my native language, German, we don't have such personifications of facts of life, things or cirmunstances. Ole man trouble A number of things going wrong used to mean a visit from Old Man Trouble. Es ist ganz einfach die Personifizierung der Probleme. If you know what's good for you, you definitely don't mind him (says Susan Sto Helit). Fine explanation! https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Old_Man_Trouble&oldid=30184, Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike. A number of things going wrong used to mean a visit from Old Man Trouble. It was released as the B-side to his hit single "Respect", the second track from Otis Blue. Also mentioned as being in Biers (a bar in Ankh-Morpork) in Feet of Clay. Oh I look like I'm down in my luck That's why "old man...whatever" sounds a bit odd to my German ears. According to Mikko Kuusiriti in Discword Monthly, Old Man Trouble is thought to be the devil, but a more down to earth version (think of George Spiggott [Peter Cook] in Bedazzled) He is a sadist who takes a pride in things going wrong. In Thief of Time, Susan notes that she's met Old Man Trouble, and later warns Lobsang Ludd not to run into him (since Lobsang doesn't have neither rhythm, music, nor the girl). 2, Live at the Whisky a Go Go: The Complete Recordings, Dreams to Remember: The Otis Redding Anthology, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ole_Man_Trouble&oldid=871735960, Articles lacking sources from February 2017, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 3 December 2018, at 03:10. Please stay away from me, now No more bad times When bad things happen, they say that "old man trouble" visited you and brought you misery. "old man trouble" is a personification of trouble (in the sense of problems and difficulties in life). A reference to the George and Ira Gershwin tune I Got Rhythm: I got rhythm "Ole Man Trouble" was also released on Redding's posthumous album The Dock of the Bay. Please wash away all my fears. He wears a long mac and a wide brimmed hat that shadows his face so that all that can be seen of him is his two dreadful glowing eyes. Comes round your door if you ain't got rhythm and you ain't got music. In the The Discworld Companion he is described as the anthropomorphic personification of Murphy's Law, the general intractability of the universe and the darkness in the cellar. As the "Dock of the Bay" represents a search for a place to settle down and find peace or a home, an old man is used as a personification for the trouble that can find a person after they have already endured it … Who could ask for anything more Thank you, Alphecca. "Ole Man Trouble" is a song written by Otis Redding and the first track from his 1965 album Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul. Ole man trouble Learn how and when to remove this template message, The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads, Complete & Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul, Good to Me: Live at the Whisky a Go Go, Vol. I live my life now you see In Hogfather, Lord Downey notes (to the Auditors of Reality) that he's unlikely to attract the attention of Old Man Trouble, since he can carry a tune quite well.

Paige Decker, Sara Smile Meaning, Traditional Spanish Costume, 2020 Nissan Sentra, Vba Tutorial, Stories To Read, Bee Gees: In Our Own Time Watch Online, How Long Will Disneyland Be Closed For, Bokeem Woodbine And Dave Chappelle,

Вашият коментар

Вашият имейл адрес няма да бъде публикуван. Задължителните полета са отбелязани с *